Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthapathy
I mentioned this over in the Sail Barge thread but I think that if HasLab is the way to go for collector oriented items, maybe we can throw out some ideas in a wish list. Maybe they'll check it out :wink:
Here are a few ideas that I had
Vehicles-tweak/reissues
Desert skiff 2-pack The skiff (x2) retooled to proper scale complete with steering vanes, control levers, extendible plank (different lever than steering controls), and a clear stand to make it appear to hover. Pack-ins-Skiff Drivers; Pote Snitkin (SA update) and Vedain (SA new). Nice compliment to the Sail Barge Price-$120
Y-Wing-retooled to proper scale with space for both pilot and co-pilot and an astromech droid socket. Available in both ANH colors (packed with Hol Okand-Gold Six and astromech droid) and ROTJ color scheme (packed with Horton Salm-Gray Leader and astromech droid). Price-$80
X-Wing-reissue of the big X-Wing. Basic version with markings for a Red Squadron pilot already in existence (John D. Brannon, Jek Porkins)
New Red Ten with Theron Nett and astromech droid. Blue Squadron with General Merrick and astromech droid- Price $50 for basic, $80 with pack ins

Diorama
Death Star-modular diorama with working turbolift, cell block with cell, garbage chute, trash compactor (with movable walls), briefing room, chasm (to swing across), turbolaser battery, Emperor's Throne Room, TIE Hangar. Price $100

Cantina- modular diorama. Bar, complete with distillery as the centerpiece with attachable alcoves and band stage. Pack in- Wuher (SA upgrade) Price $100
By jorsupersid
Okay 100% seriously... Just give us the ability to order figures without packages and in lots (army build). Cut all middle man. Only the toy to
consumer.

Or another would be to custom order from a selection of squadron colors / styles for star fighters.
By reverendstrone
Low run, niche, collector-targeted figures and creatures shipping direct to the consumer would be amazing. Yes, please, to that. Less chance of them gumming up retail and we can get characters that the general market may not want.

As far as big vehicles go, I'd like The Ghost. And full crew of 3.75" realistic Rebels characters to go with it would be awesome. The 6" versions are stunning.

Vehicles are cool, but I am really not that interested in anything that would be considered a playset. They are always too compromised to be appealing to me. I'd rather just build my own dioramas.
By YAK_Chewie
darthapathy, good idea for a thread.

I will play along soon.

I think for all intents and purposes, the Haslab concept will be for items that would never have any chance of being made in any other fashion, and we'd have to expect that these items would be priced about double what we'd normally expect to see at retail... so, a really killer skiff, by itself, would probably be $80-$100 range... which is nuts, but I think that's going to be Hasbro's approach with Haslab.

So, for example, let's say they decided to make all new, selected niche 3.75" figures in this fashion - I'd expect those to be $25-$30 per figure and 6" figures to be in the $50 range.

:wink:
By darthapathy
jorsupersid wrote:Okay 100% seriously... Just give us the ability to order figures without packages and in lots (army build). Cut all middle man. Only the toy to
consumer.

Or another would be to custom order from a selection of squadron colors / styles for star fighters.

I'm all for the idea of army building lots and getting figures directly from the source. It's like I've stated before, I'll take my figures in a paper bag if they're new, nicely painted and have a decent amount of articulation.
By reverendstrone
YAK_Chewie wrote:I think for all intents and purposes, the Haslab concept will be for items that would never have any chance of being made in any other fashion, and we'd have to expect that these items would be priced about double what we'd normally expect to see at retail... so, a really killer skiff, by itself, would probably be $80-$100 range... which is nuts, but I think that's going to be Hasbro's approach with Haslab.

So, for example, let's say they decided to make all new, selected niche 3.75" figures in this fashion - I'd expect those to be $25-$30 per figure and 6" figures to be in the $50 range.

Yep, I reckon you're dead on, Chewie.

And I am fine with that, because it means that it is a delivery method that offers us things we otherwise wouldn't get, or which would be problematic for regular retail. It's likely to be the kind of stuff that many of us here would spend time and resource trying to customize or scratch-build for ourselves. With that in mind, and factoring in our time and materials, even at twice the price we are used to paying, that's still a win in my opinion. Case in point, even if I ever actually finished the darn thing (doubtful), it would cost me a LOT more than $500 in time and materials to build sail barge for myself. If Hasbro wants to do that for me, and do a better job of it than I could, they can have my money. :D
By darthapathy
YAK_Chewie wrote:darthapathy, good idea for a thread.

I will play along soon.

I think for all intents and purposes, the Haslab concept will be for items that would never have any chance of being made in any other fashion, and we'd have to expect that these items would be priced about double what we'd normally expect to see at retail... so, a really killer skiff, by itself, would probably be $80-$100 range... which is nuts, but I think that's going to be Hasbro's approach with Haslab.

I went with my figure of $60 for the skiff based on what the original went for back in 1999. It was $19.99. If you figure that figures back then were $4.99 that made the skiff $15. It you tripled the cost now it would be $15 for the figure and $45 for the skiff. Maybe if they multiplied it by four, it could be $80. I think I'd still pay that for a properly scaled skiff. I really think they should make it a two pack.
By terman123
Love to see a Death Star or Ghost. If it means paying a little more for something we may never see at retail and the quality is there I'm fine with that. The Barge is a once in a Lifetime item. Love to be able to just order figure waves thru them. Just send me one of each new figure from each wave.
By YAK_Chewie
Here's a few of my ideas for items that would work well with this concept...

Death Star playset - yeah, very cool and yes I want one, but the GTP toys Space Walls have quieted that crowd some. Plus I personally have an amazing custom one by Owen Driscoll that is production quality. That being said, if Hasbro were to "modernize" THIS in 3.75" scale, I'd be all over it like flies on bantha sh!t. $500 would be fine.

Bespin Playset - Something along THESE LINES would be mind boggling. I'd drop $500 easily.

Tantive IV Playset - Something the size of the Sail Barge that opens up with a hallway, etc... yeah, I'd pay $500 for that too.

AT-M6 - A First Order walker that is about a foot taller than the behemoth AT-AT would be amazing. I'd pay $500 for that.

Imperial Landing Platform - Imagine this, and you could put an Imperial shuttle on it? If it looked awesome, I'd pay $500 for it.

Cantina Playset - If they could make something alond the lines of THIS with some taller walls/etc., I'd think $250 would be reasonable. Make it come with the Tonnika Sisters!!!

Sandcrawler - I am probably in the minority, but that never did too much for me. I'm sure I'd want a bigger version but it's not something I'm begging for. Plus Disney has one coming out.

By Imaculata
I said it before, but I'll say it again (and echo the sentiments of my fellow collectors)...

A modular Deathstar playset would be fantastic. It would allow us to construct our own DeathStar diorama, by deciding how we want to snap the various pieces together. It would also help keep the price down. The 500$ Sail Barge is glorious of course, but it is also very expensive. A modular playset allows you to basically split the DeathStar up into multiple smaller (and more affortable) playsets.

Jabba's Palace would make for the Castle Grayskull of Star Wars. There's just so much you can do with that.

The Trooper Transport ship from The Force Awakens is something I would also love to see in a realistic scale. With enough space to contain a small platoon of troops and weapon storage racks. It should be as close to movie accurate as possible. No nerf features!

Kylo Ren's shuttle. Why hasn't this thing been made yet? It is an amazing design!

The Sand Crawler. What more remains to be said? This thing has so many opportunities for neat play features. All the awesome stuff that is now designed for the Sail barge, would work just as well for the Sandcrawler.

Echo Base playset. Back in the Kenner days there were multiple separate small Echo Base playsets. But why not one big one? With the command center, the hangar, and pens for the Tauntauns.
By darth_sidious
As someone without interest in playsets and vehicles, I would like to see a multipack of fan favorite characters from the CW series, especially those larger figures like Pong Krell and spider Maul that were developed but never released. Mother Talzin would also likely fall into that category, though shed be no bigger than Snoke. How about Bo Katan for example - she's a character that should have been represented in at least one line by now...
By darthapathy
Some really great ideas so far.
Yak_Chewie A Tantive IV playset would be an awesome choice. Maybe include a to scale escape pod
Imaculata Great call on the Echo Base playset. Maybe it could have basic electronics and have light up tactical screens and computer terminals. Maybe they could also make a close but not necessarily exact scale ion cannon that attaches to it.
Also, I saw on another forum board on the same topic as this, someone suggested an Ewok village playset. If they planned on this, I personally would only want them to make a platform with several huts and accessories that went with it. I personally wouldn't need tree trunks or forest canopy.

I would love for them to release multi-packs. I would love them to release them in two formats; troop builder sets and battlepacks. Because it would be through HasLab, I would want mostly new characters with little in the way of repacks for some of the multi-packs. Also, through HasLab, I would want possibly 8-10 figures.
Rebel Fleet Troopers (troop builder 8 pack Upgraded with holsters and all new portraits
Stormtroopers (troop builder 10 pack Upgraded using the Rogue One helmet sculpt
Endor Rebel Commandoes (troop builder 6 pack two using the TVC body with new portraits, two using SA versions of the Saga style, and two newly made SA versions of the original Vintage full jumpsuit version)
Echo Base battle pack General Rieken (SA update), Major Derlin (SA update), Control Room officer; male (new), Control room officer; female (Toryn Farr body with new head) Rebel Trooper (EBBG) [x2], Corman Quien, Hobbie, and 21-B (updated)
Last edited by darthapathy on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By darthvlad
darth_sidious wrote:I would like to see a multipack of fan favorite characters ...

Totally agree with these sentiments.

I'd love to see a three pack of the remaining Imperial Dignitaries (unlike some, I like those pasty evil dudes)
A box set from Clone Wars "The Box" episode that includes Moralo Eval, Rako Hardeen, Derrown, Twazzi, Sixtat, Jakoli, Mantu, Kiera Swan, Sinrich, Bulduga, and Onca (I think that's all of them).

More three packs consisting of:
New Cantina Patrons
New Jabba’s Denizens/Skiff/Barge Guards
Modal Nodes
Rogue One Pilots/Gunners/Infiltrators/Grunts
Rebel Command Personnel (like a new ANH General Dodonna and others)
Last Jedi Pilots
Hoth Rebels
Endor Commandos
Tantive IV Rebel Fleet Troopers
Ewoks

…just to name a “few”. ;)
By Imaculata
I would also love to see a pack with various Jakku aliens. There are so many that have really great designs, but all we've seen so far is mostly human and humanoid figures.

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Star Wars Dioramas

https://i.imgur.com/bSnTKUB.jpg https://i.imgur[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]

Received some wonderful TVC goodies via Amazon tod[…]

Hi!

Welcome. I am a collecting knight, like my father[…]

First Order 4-pk

Woah I love this! It's a must get!

Honestly, some genius entries this round. Well don[…]

Chuckles' Custom Figures