Discussion around toys branded under "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Jodo
This is always something fun I like to hear about...What do you plan to pick-up, and do you have any motivation to do so?

For me, I think I'm going to be buying a few more things than usual...

Chewbacca
Qi'ra
Range Troopers X2
Mimban Troopers X2

Lando Calrissian & Kessel Guard (maybe two of them...I love that cannon it comes with)

Enfys Nest Swoop Bike and Enfys Nest X2

Han Solo’s Landspeeder

And if I can find them, TVC Snoke and a TVC Hoth Trooper.
By Jodo
The Professor wrote:Jodo, your list looks almost exactly like the one I have!

Nice!!!!

I wonder what the isle will look like tomorrow morning at target...I went today to see if they had anything out, and there is still a TON of TLJ crap out there.

It makes me wonder if not as much product will be produced this time (at least initially). There's hardly any marketing for it, and I see HTS still doesn't have more than a few items up. And Amazon only has scalper prices for 2/3 of their items.
By Trev
What a joke. I went to five stores this morning and there was hardly anything. I went to three different Target stores and Meijer. Meijer had nothing and there were only a few Black Series figures at Target, which I really wasn’t interested in.

I got lucky at Walmart and managed to snag Qi’ra and the Lando two-pack, but everything else was The Last Jedi. (They did have the Rose/BB-8/BB-9E set and the Darth Maul/Qui-Gon set, but I already have the first one and don’t need another set of Darth Maul and Qui-Gon.)

I’m going to try my local Target again later today to see if they restock. I’m hoping to snag the Wampa set, Chewbacca, and the two new Stormtrooper figures. (I REALLY want the Vintage Collection Snoke, but I think I might just suck it up and order that one on Amazon.)
By MIKED
I'd like the Lando 2 pack and the Enfest Nest Speeder. The Chewbacca head sculpt looks fantastic. But does it bother anyone else that you can't get a Han Solo figure thats not covered in mud unless you buy a $30- $100 vehicle or Forcelink scanner? It's kind of killing my interest in the rest of the line.
By darth_sidious
MIKED wrote:I'd like the Lando 2 pack and the Enfest Nest Speeder. The Chewbacca head sculpt looks fantastic. But does it bother anyone else that you can't get a Han Solo figure thats not covered in mud unless you buy a $30- $100 vehicle or Forcelink scanner? It's kind of killing my interest in the rest of the line.

Han is coming in the TVC line, most collectors that want the character are likely going to wait for that one. Hasbro is clearly trying to get kids to buy the Force Link starter though, by not putting Han in the basic line. Its a d**k move to do that, considering many people don't need / want that device. There are different versions of Han with both vehicles, they seem to want to push those on consumers, since it appears vehicle sales are down as of late. Personally, I'm not crazy about another actor as Han, so I doubt I'll be chasing them - if I end up liking the movie, I'll probably just buy one version of him and call it a day. The aliens however are on my list!
By Lance Quazar
I've bought the speeder and Qi'Ra.

i'll definitely buy Vintage collection Han.

I'm holding out hope that they (eventually) release an SA Lando. I'm getting increasingly cranky about the 5POA figures, so I've got my fingers crossed.

That said, if the Val and Tobias Beckett figures look cool, I'll get those, too. (and, of course, assuming I like the movie.)

Slim chance I'll get the SA Ranger Trooper. I've sworn off buying any more troopers, but that one is just too funky and cool. May have to pull the trigger.
By MIKED
darth_sidious wrote:
MIKED wrote:I'd like the Lando 2 pack and the Enfest Nest Speeder. The Chewbacca head sculpt looks fantastic. But does it bother anyone else that you can't get a Han Solo figure thats not covered in mud unless you buy a $30- $100 vehicle or Forcelink scanner? It's kind of killing my interest in the rest of the line.

Han is coming in the TVC line, most collectors that want the character are likely going to wait for that one. Hasbro is clearly trying to get kids to buy the Force Link starter though, by not putting Han in the basic line. Its a d**k move to do that, considering many people don't need / want that device. There are different versions of Han with both vehicles, they seem to want to push those on consumers, since it appears vehicle sales are down as of late. Personally, I'm not crazy about another actor as Han, so I doubt I'll be chasing them - if I end up liking the movie, I'll probably just buy one version of him and call it a day. The aliens however are on my list!

That all makes sense. I agree that its a d%#*k move especially since I happen to be one of the few (only?) collectors out there who actually prefers the the 5 poa offerings to the super articulated stuff. I'm hoping that the Han that comes with the scanner is released in some kind of multipack exclusive sometime in the future. To that end I've decided not to buy anything single carded for fear that I might have to buy doubles of figures I already have to get the figure I want in the multipack.
By ctonra
picked up so far lando/kessel guard
E nest with speeder
BS Porg 2 pk.

finding a lot of the remains of single carded wave mostly Jedi luke so K2SO
No Vintage
saw the Falcon-Passed.
By MIKED
WELL, I PICKED UP THE LANDO AND KESSEL GUARD 2 PACK TODAY. THE'RE BOTH FUN FIGURES, BUT THEY SEEM REALLY OUT OF SCALE WITH HASBROS OTHER 3 3/4 INCH LINES. THE FIGURES ARE VERY SHORT.
Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Pulse shipped my TFF order of 4 figures in 3 diffe[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

I'll take the purple and gold one (can't remember […]

I ordered 2 walkers... Got 1 walker, 1 speeder. […]

I'm so glad someone agrees with me. I definitely […]

Star Wars Dioramas

Cool! I miss seeing dioramas like this one. Th[…]

Great work. In our little corner it's always a tre[…]

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]