Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Time for some updates! I had a busy summer of tweaking projects and finishing things started what seems like years ago. This update will focus on versions of Luke Skywalker I have made. Again, my customs are fan-fiction creations and not any real attempt to recreate figures from the films. Thanks for looking!

Tatooine Hermit Luke Skywalker:

This is a version I made for times when Luke returns to Tatooine for whatever reasons, and he wants to maintain anonymity.

Bounty Hunter Disguise Luke Skywalker:

In my version of the Star Wars universe, there are instances where Luke needs to disguise himself. This is a bounty hunter disguise he created to blend into the background in hostile areas.

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker:

This is a day to day outfit Luke might wear conducting Jedi business. The paint looks a little gloppy on the tabbards of his skirt. Not pleased about that. Painting anything white is a challenge.

Jedi Knight Battle Dress Luke Skywalker:

This outfit is for when Luke needs some protection in a known combat zone. I have another version of this figure without the armor around the chest and neck. I think I executed this one the best of the group.

Thanks for looking! Feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.
Last edited by Darth_Cain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A couple more customs to add. These are a Han Solo focus along with his old buddy Lando.

Bespin Han Solo:
This is the rare custom that I do where I strive to recreate a better version of a film-accurate figure. The combination here is fairly simple; Bespin Han upper half and Carbonite Han lower half. The torso and waist do not line up very well on their own. Took some doing to get it to mesh. I HATE THE HIP ARTICULATION OF MOST OF VINTAGE COLLECTION FIGURES. Poorly designed, poorly engineered.

End Rant

Endor Han Solo
Another Han in Carbonite with a vest added. Had to trim the untucked shirt a bit, but I think it works. Han's sleeves weren't rolled up much on Endor, but I still like this version better than previous releases.

Smuggler Lando Calrissian
This was a concept I thought prior to the release of the Solo movie. I figured Lando needed smuggler attire that somewhat resembled something Han would wear. Turns out I needed to be more flashy and vibrant than I chose to be.

Last edited by Darth_Cain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time for another update. Here are some Jedi/Rebels that I have completed at various times in recent years.

Mara Jade: Jedi Robes

I have always been fond of Mara Jade and she is a character that will remain in my version of the Star Wars universe regardless.

Mara Jade:

Another version of Mara. Tweaked the comic two-pack figure with a new head and holster plus a little paint.

Rahm Kota:

A little closer to a game accurate version of this character from The Force Unleashed game.

General Dodonna, General Rieeken, and Toryn Farr:

Seraph: Fan-fic Jedi

A fan-fiction creation based on Seraph from The Matrix. Thought he would be a cool Jedi.

Quinlan Voss:

Swapped out the legs of this figure and trimmed up his skirt.

Last edited by Darth_Cain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Veers: Armored Battle Version

I thought it would be cool to make an armored version of Veers to lead ground forces. I was fairly pleased with how he turned out. One of my better efforts.

Last edited by Darth_Cain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A couple more random creations. This update I think I am starting to stray from the Star Wars universe maybe too much. I don't know. These are all fan-fiction creations that have roles in my version of Star Wars.

Ronin: Mercenary for hire

Ronin was a member of Blizzard Squadron and was on board the AT-AT that Luke Skywalker brought down during the Battle of Hoth. Ronin was just entering the head of the walker when it exploded sending him backward rendering him unconscious. When the walker fell his arm was broken. Later he woke, escape the remains of the walker and survived on Hoth with an exiled Rebel pilot for a significant time period before making it off-planet. Now he is a merc for hire performing a variety of jobs.

Mavis Gen

Mavis works with Ronin. She is a former Emperor's Hand who trained alongside Mara Jade. She doesn't have any force ability but is well-trained and intelligent. Her eyebrows still need a little work.

Strand

Strand is a former imperial biker scout/sniper. This is a blatant mash-up of Deathstroke and Deadshot. He is also a member of Ronin's outfit but also works independently from it.

Saltemanca

Little is known about the origin of Saltemanca, Some believe he was raised among the Tusken Raiders and broke off from his clan. Others think he is a former Mandalorian. At any rate, he has filled the void in the criminal underworld that was left with the death of Jabba the Hutt. Saltemanca has taken control of Jabba's criminal activities on Tatooine going so far as to inhabit his empty palace. The Hutt's have attempted multiple times to wrestle control away from Saltemanca to no avail. Many assailants have experienced death from Saltemanca's ax. Does he fit in the Star Wars universe? I don't know. It is obviously a Bane ripoff.

Game Master

Based on the character Kreel from the Marvel comic book, Game Master is Saltemanca's closest confidant and personal bodyguard. I am going to swap out the wrappings around the head for a hood.

Last edited by Darth_Cain on Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Star Wars Dioramas

https://i.imgur.com/bSnTKUB.jpg https://i.imgur[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]

Received some wonderful TVC goodies via Amazon tod[…]

Hi!

Welcome. I am a collecting knight, like my father[…]

First Order 4-pk

Woah I love this! It's a must get!

Honestly, some genius entries this round. Well don[…]

Chuckles' Custom Figures