Any chat Hasbro related. This includes unofficial Product Lists / Rumors (hearsay).

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darth_sidious
As much as I'm not interested in paying more than $13 for TVC figures, if Haslab or another service is the only means to ever receive some fan favorite characters, I'd take it. Hasbro should be straight with collectors, and let us know if some characters aren't viable for the basic or TVC lines, and we can go from there...
By darthvlad
darth_sidious wrote:As much as I'm not interested in paying more than $13 for TVC figures, if Haslab or another service is the only means to ever receive some fan favorite characters, I'd take it. Hasbro should be straight with collectors, and let us know if some characters aren't viable for the basic or TVC lines, and we can go from there...

I know what you mean. If there was a subscription service, the figures would probably be more than $13 (not including shipping). Anyone do the GI Joe one who would know?

I just think they could make them on the vintage card but use varying degrees of articulation on them. The undone Imperial Dignitaries? They don't need a crazy amount of articulation... but a cantina patron/Jabba's denizens would.
By WOOOF
I'd pay 30 dollars a pop for characters that haven't made it into action figure form yet; all of those background characters at Jabba's Palace would be primo.
By darth_sidious
$30 would be a hard sell for most collectors in my opinion. If TVC ended and with it the chance of anymore obscure OT characters - maybe enough would change their mind and be willing to shell that out, but I still doubt it. If they did something like Cane Adiss, I could see myself dropping $30 for it, but just a random 3.75 background character - I don't think I'd pull the trigger.
By WOOOF
The GI Joe sub service is quite expensive as well, not sure how successful that is, but it's like 600 bucks for 12 figures or something. I think SW collectors are on the same scale in terms of dedication and willingness to shell out cash for stuff they want. I mean look at the Barge getting backed, that's a 500 dollar toy.
By darth_sidious
$600 for 12 figures is $50 a pop, that's something I cant even fathom for a 3.75 figure. I'd happily stick with basic figures at that point, which is mostly what I'm doing now. You're right that SW collectors are a dedicated bunch, but with how often everything goes on clearance, I think the days of paying MSRP or above might be near an end. The Barge is a special case, and the total purchases of 8810 isn't likely anywhere near the expectations that they'd have for individual action figures. I think if they release the number of Yakface figures they produced and plan to ship next year in TVC, it will give us a better understanding of what might be viable. For example, there might be 20k collectors that are willing to pay $13 for a TVC Yakface, but only 1k that are willing to pay $50 for a Haslab Yakface.
By WOOOF
The bargain bins and terrible distribution is killing the product; I'm just trying to think of alternatives to them mass producing these things that I don't think kids are drawn to the same way they were when I was a kid in the 80's. I think most of the money being spent on SW in retail is by collectors. I might be way off in that thinking but I hardly ever encounter a kid digging through the racks anymore. And I think collectors have a distinct vision of what they want and are willing to shell out a little more to make it happen, and it's not the 12th rendition of Luke in Bespin gear. Personally I always thought the background characters and unknowns were more interesting as toys because you could create your own back story for them. I would love to see a line of all background characters, but I can't see Hasbro putting something like that out in retail out of fear that kids won't buy them for lack of recognition...but I think that's old thinking, they are still playing by the same rules they did when SW toys first started coming out. I think it's evolved beyond that, the Barge backing tested the waters, now let's get some thing for the hardcore collectors willing to shell.
By WOOOF
I just wanted to add that now that Jabba's Barge is out they really need to do a large scale Sarlacc Pit with multiple stomach cavities and maybe even a slight tear where Boba Fett escaped...;). PLEASE!
By frosty
lots of great ideas in this thread, I would love to see a snowspeeder done in 6 inch scale, i'm sure that would be a cool item
By darthapathy
frosty wrote:lots of great ideas in this thread, I would love to see a snowspeeder done in 6 inch scale, i'm sure that would be a cool item

No pun intended eh? :wink:
By WOOOF
I wanted to add that anything from Battle of Endor would be so sweet. I would kill for some TVC style backed cards for Noah, Teek, or the evil Night Witch Chanral, or any of the marauders from the film. How bad ass would a Terak figure be?
By WOOOF
That would be cool if you could dock an AT-AT at it, and it came with the Imperial Shuttle ;).
Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Pulse shipped my TFF order of 4 figures in 3 diffe[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

I'll take the purple and gold one (can't remember […]

I ordered 2 walkers... Got 1 walker, 1 speeder. […]

I'm so glad someone agrees with me. I definitely […]

Star Wars Dioramas

Cool! I miss seeing dioramas like this one. Th[…]

Great work. In our little corner it's always a tre[…]

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]